Nobody likes to start their new life together as a married couple by having to make payments on debts incurred during the wedding preparations. As a result, the future bride and groom should exercise extreme caution when deciding how much money to spend on various things. The following are some points to think about.
- Add your own unique touch to the decorations. Not only does this provide an air of warmth and familiarity to the occasion, but it also helps keep expenses to a minimum. For instance, in the event that either the bride or the groom has a background in photography, they can decide to make the centrepieces of the reception decor out of photographs from their own collection. In addition, the photographs might be utilised for invites or as mementos.
- Give some thought to renting. The majority of the objects that will be utilised for decorating will not be used again once they have served their purpose. The centrepieces, the vases, the arc ways, and the fake floral arrangements are all included in this category. Therefore, you should inquire with the wedding designer about the possibility of renting these items.
- It’s possible for children to get disinterested during the wedding celebration. Therefore, as an alternative to having children sit at the same table as the adults, you could want to designate a space for the children to congregate in a less formal setting and have their own mini-party.
- Marriage brings two families together as one. During the wedding rituals, you may choose to modify some of the customs in order to include the children of the bride or groom from previous marriages, as well as the parents and families of the pair. This is something you should only do if it is feasible to do so. The fact that the wedding is not merely a marriage of two individuals, but also of two families, might be symbolised by the performance of a specialised union ritual by the guests of honour.
- You can choose to enquire with cooking schools or schools that specialise in culinary arts about providing the cuisine for the reception. They could be willing to offer to provide catering for the reception for the same cost as the meal, or maybe even a little bit more. You might also hold a pot luck by inviting close friends and family members to each bring a food that they have prepared.
- You may invite more people to the engagement party instead of the wedding party if you wanted to reduce the amount of money spent on the wedding party. In most cases, simply drinks and hors d’oeuvres are offered, which result in a lower overall cost than providing guests at a wedding reception with a full course dinner.
- If you want to have music at your event, you might seek for a college band or DJ in the area. During the reception, you can also have your favourite music simply downloaded from the internet and stored to an mp3 player or CD. These may then be played over the speakers.
- Check to see whether there will be another couple getting married on the same day as you are. This can help you budget appropriately for the expense of church decorations. They could wish to arrange what kinds of decorations can be utilised for both wedding ceremonies so that they don’t have to modify the decorations before or after the wedding and so that they can divide the expense of the decorations.
The cost of getting married shouldn’t be prohibitive. After all, the union itself is what makes a marriage, rather than the festivities that accompany it. You shouldn’t put forth an excessive amount of effort to win over the visitors. Your loved ones came to share in the joy of this momentous occasion with you; they are not there to provide constructive criticism over your wedding.