Basic Tips for Planning a Wedding
The wedding planning process ought to be enjoyable and exciting. On the other hand, things might quickly deteriorate if you don’t do enough research and keep within your financial constraints. Your goal should be to keep everything properly structured and as straightforward as possible. The following are some suggestions to assist ensure that the planning of your wedding goes off without a hitch.
- The first thing you need to do is make a decision on the size and level of difficulty of your wedding. Do you want a small wedding? Or would you rather invite a lot of people to the wedding? You and your spouse need to check that you are both thinking the same way and that you are in agreement on everything. Be prepared to give in on some of your demands.
- Make a choice about an appropriate motif for your wedding. This covers the manner in which people will dress, the food that will be served, the setting, and the decorations.
- How much money do you truly have available to spend? In the event that financial resources are limited, there is no use in splurging on a lavish wedding celebration. This might result in some pretty significant conflicts between your families and between the two of you as a relationship.
- Do you intend to retain the services of a wedding planner? Wedding planners are fantastic and do an excellent job at their work. However, they are not required in any way. If you decide to use their services, take precautions to ensure that the amount of money you spend does not wind up being much more than what you had anticipated.
- You shouldn’t put off making your plans for an excessive amount of time. You have got to get on top of this and start taking care of it. Get the invites ready, start reserving venues, and look for your outfit as soon as possible. It takes a lot of time and effort to plan a wedding. You need to choose a time and get started on it right away. If you don’t, you could discover that a year or two has passed and you’re still single after all that time.
If you give any of these simple suggestions a try, I believe you will find that things run more efficiently. Your long-awaited honeymoon with your love is almost around the corner.
Wedding Planning Checklist (print this out for your records)
At least 12 months prior to your wedding date
- Announce your engagement.
- Set the date for the wedding.
- Decide what type of wedding you want: location, time of day, how many guests, etc…
- Draw up a guest list.
- Develop a budget and how expenses will be shared.
- Create a file for contracts, forms, important papers, etc…
- Attend Bridal Shows (This is a good place to gather a lot of information, and help with your budget planning.
- Select a wedding coordinator (if applicable).
- Select and reserve the location you wish to have your ceremony.
- Select and reserve a minister.
- Select and reserve your reception location.
- Order your bridal gown.
- Determine what colors you will go with for your wedding. (dresses, flowers, decorations, etc.)
- Select and hire a photographer.
- Meet with your photographer to have engagement photos taken.
- Send engagement notice and photograph to the local newspaper.
- Select and hire the DJ or reception musicians.
- Select the wedding party.
Nine to twelve months prior to wedding date
- Select flower girl and ring bearer.
- Reserve wedding night bridal suite.
- Select wedding party’s attire including shoes, and accessories.
- Select and hire a caterer.
- Select and hire ceremony musicians.
- Schedule fittings and deliver dates for yourself and the wedding party.
- Select and book your florist.
Six to Nine months prior to the wedding date
- Start shopping for each other’s wedding gifts.
- Reserve rental items for ceremony and reception (arches, pillars, decorations, etc.)
- Finalize guest list.
- Select and order wedding invitations, and other stationery such as thank you notes, and wedding programs.
- Address your invitations.
- Set a date, time, and location for your rehearsal dinner.
- Arrange accommodations for out-of-town guests.
- Start planning your honeymoon.
- Select and book all miscellaneous services.
- Register for gifts at Bridal Registries.
- Purchase shoes and accessories.
Four to Six months prior to the wedding date
- Select baker and order cake.
- Order flowers.
- Select and order decorations.
- Purchase honeymoon attire and luggage.
- Select and book a limo or carriage for the wedding day.
- Check marriage license requirements.
- Shop for wedding rings.
- Plan entertainment or activities for your out-of-town guests if they arrive days prior to your wedding date.
- Purchase gifts for your wedding party.
Six to eight weeks prior to wedding date
- Mail invitations.
- Maintain a record of RSVPs and all gifts received.
- Send thank-you notes upon receipt of gifts.
- Determine how you want to wear your hair and makeup for the wedding day.
- Buy final wedding day accessories (eg. toasting glasses, and guest book)
- Arrange for name and address changes.
One Week Count Down
- Go over the final details.
- Make sure all wedding attire fits correctly.
- Finalize guest count with caterer and reception location.
- Gather everything needed for rehearsal and wedding day.
- Go over the schedule of events and last-minute arrangements.
- Contact all service providers and go over last-minute details (photographer, DJ, videographer, florist, etc.)
- Confirm honeymoon reservations and accommodations.
- Finish packing for the honeymoon.
- Arrange to have your mail held at the post office, and stop your newspapers.
- Give your wedding party any accessories they will need.
- Give the officiant’s fee to the Best Man.
- Designate someone (close friend, relative) to pay for any remaining services where balances are due, and entrust them with the checks to pay for the services.
- Arrange for someone to bring accessories to ceremony and reception.(cake cutting knife, toasting glasses, guest book etc.)
- Designate someone to return rented items after the wedding.
- Provide your wedding party, and immediate family with a schedule of events for the wedding day.
- Go to bed early.
On The Big Day
- Eat Breakfast
- Get your hair, nails, and makeup done early.
- Have wedding attire ready two hours early.
- Make sure the Best Man has the marriage license and officiant’s fee.
- Make sure the groom has honeymoon tickets, money, etc…
- Have the wedding party arrive one hour prior to the wedding ceremony. (to allow time for pre-ceremony pictures. Immediate family should arrive close to this time as well.
- Make sure the Maid of honor has the groom’s ring.
- Try to relax, and let others take care of anything that may come up. Remember this is your day, and no matter what happens, try to enjoy it, and accept minor imperfections.
Here Are Some Wedding Checklist Ideas For You , Want To Know More ? Click Here To See Best Guide